The New York City Police Department formed the first Police Emerald Society to preserve the Irish heritage in 1953.
What does PES stand for?
PES stands for Police Emerald Society
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PES
We have 349 other meanings of PES in our Acronym Attic
- Physical Education and Sport
- Physical Exchange Specification
- Physiotherapy and Exercise Science
- Piedmont Education Services
- Pilot Evaluation System
- Planning and Evaluation Service
- Plasma Emission Spectrometry
- Platt Environmental Services (Oak Brook, IL)
- Polarized Electron Source
- Pôle Européen de Santé (European Health Center)
Samples in periodicals archive:
1 -- color) Lyle Lewinson, the drum major for the Los Angeles Police Emerald Society, at the ceremony for new LAPD Chief Charlie Beck taking the oath of office.
Marching Unit: First place - Oxford High School JROTC; Second place - Greater Worcester Police Emerald Society.
Second Place (tie): Worcester Police Emerald Society, Massachusetts State Police
1) Dave Melvin, a detective and player of bagpipes, pauses after marching with the Los Angeles Police Emerald Society on Wednesday in the St.
Members of the police Emerald Society, an affiliate of the network, will play bagpipes in the parade.