According to the report, a police anti-terrorist unit and passersby jumped in and began rescuing the survivors.
What does PATU stand for?
PATU stands for Police Anti-Terrorist Unit (South Africa)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PATU
- Professionals Allied to Teaching
- Pulse Arrival Time Technique
- Prairielands Addiction Technology Transfer Center (Iowa City, IA)
- Pan African Tsetse and Trypanosomiasis Eradication Campaign
- Professional Attention to Tile Installations
- Papua New Guinea Australia Twinning Scheme
- Peaceful Alternatives to Tough Situations (childhood aggression)
- PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction)-Aided Transcript Titration Assay
- Pan American Taekwondo Union
- Pan-African Telecommunications Union
- Public Access Television
- Philippines Australia Technical and Vocational Education Project
- Partners around the World (Pleasanton, CA)
- Psychics Around the World (web ring)
- Pacific Area Travel Writers Association (India)
- Pilot's Automatic Telephone Weather Answering Service
- Patrol Wing (US Navy)
- Please and Thank You
- Pollution and the Young (respiratory health study)
- Pepperell-Ashby-Townsend Youth Hockey (Pepperell, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The three were brought to court under tight security, with members of the police anti-terrorist unit providing an armed escort.
The Metropolitan Police anti-terrorist unit has also revealed they they have foiled four attempted terror attacks in the UK in the past 12 months that planned to use bombs and poison.
Peter Clarke, head of the Metropolitan Police anti-terrorist unit, appealed for the public to contact them if they saw the man after he left the 220 bus.