Our integration of these parts on one chip results in smaller size, while still maintaining superior loss uniformity (lower than 1 dB), low skew (typically lower than 1 ps), and high polarization extinction ratio (higher than 18 dB).
What does PER stand for?
PER stands for Polarization Extinction Ratio (physics)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PER
We have 160 other meanings of PER in our Acronym Attic
- PERT Event Report
- Perth, Western Australia, Australia - Perth (Airport Code)
- Peru (ISO Country code)
- Physical Education Recreation
- Physicians' Education Resource
- Physics Education Research (various locations)
- Plan d'Epargne-Retraite
- Plan d'Exposition aux Risques (French: Risk Exposure Plan)
- Plan d'exposition Aux Risques Naturels (French: Map of Exposure to Natural Hazards)
- Polarization Extension Ratio
Samples in periodicals archive:
The polarization extinction ratio was measured to be between 23-28 dB during our experiments, resulting in a contribution of about 1/3 of the QBER and is independent of the transmission rate.
The N7782A PER analyzer is designed for high-speed and highly accurate testing of the polarization extinction ratio (PER) in PM fibers.
Circulators feature polarization extinction ratios as high as 30dB, insertion losses as low as 0.
Polarization maintaining splitters feature polarization extinction ratios as high as 30dB, insertion losses as low as 0.
15 uA/GHz (typical), free spectrum range of 1600 GHz, polarization extinction ratio of 25 dB (typical), and an operating case temperature range of -20 to +70 degrees Celsius.