The first of five instruments that will fly on JPSS-1, NO s next polar orbiting environmental satellite, successfully completed pre-shipment review last week.
What does POES stand for?
POES stands for Polar Orbiting Environmental Satellite (US NOAA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of POES
We have 2 other meanings of POES in our Acronym Attic
- Protection of EIF2 (Eukaryotic Initiation Factor 2) Alpha Phosphorylation (biochemistry)
- Pakistan Overseas Employment Promoters Association
- Passcape Outlook Express Password Recovery
- Pilot-Operated Evaporator Pressure Regulator
- Police Officers for Equal Rights (Columbus, OH)
- Port of Entry Recruit Training (Canada)
- Oesophageal Pressure
- Partner Online Education Series
- Petróleo Original En Sitio (Spanish)
- Point-Of-Entry Servers
- Polar-orbiting Operational Environmental Satellite (US NOAA)
- Post Esposizione
- Post-Offer Employment Screen
- Post-Ovulatory Egg Stasis
- Procedimientos Operativos Estandarizados de Saneamiento
- Public Outreach and Education Subcommittee (Sacramento River Watershed Program)
- Public Opensource Environment for A Safer Internet Access
- Pagans of Etsy Street Team (crafters and artisans)
- Point of Entry Selection Test (UK)
- Packet Over E3/T3 (Cisco)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The National Polar Orbiting Environmental Satellite System (NPOESS), to be launched initially in 2013, will provide multiple sensors and satellites in two polar orbits to monitor more than half of 26 essential climate variables from space.
Having been declared operational, the satellite was turned over to the National Polar Orbiting Environmental Satellite System (NPOESS) Integrated Program Office (IPO).
The latter mission, another Polar Orbiting Environmental Satellite, known as NOAA-J, will track hurricanes and other meteorological phenomena from a polar orbit.
Key SMC organizations are expected to continue using this buying vehicle to provide the primary systems engineering and technical assistance and include: the Defense Meteorological Satellite Program (DMSP), the National Polar Orbiting Environmental Satellite System (NPOESS), the Global Positioning System (GPS), Space-Based Infrared (SBIRS), the Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV), the Airborn Laser (ABL), MilSatCom, and an assortment of Ranges and Launch Vehicles.
Among his duties was responsibility for the overall technical effort for a $4 billion polar orbiting environmental satellite system.
When the spacecraft is declared operational, the satellite will be turned over to the National Polar Orbiting Environmental Satellite System (NPOESS) Integrated Program Office (IPO).
The program is managed by the Polar Orbiting Environmental Satellite (POES) Office led by Harry McCain at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.