Night clouds or noctilucent clouds are tenuous cloud-like phenomena that are the "ragged-edge" of a much brighter and pervasive polar cloud layer called polar mesospheric clouds in the upper atmosphere, visible in a deep twilight.
What does PMC stand for?
PMC stands for Polar Mesospheric Clouds
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PMC
We have 555 other meanings of PMC in our Acronym Attic
- Plano Molding Company (est. 1932; Plano, IL)
- Plant Materials Center (USDA; Pullman, WA)
- Plant Modeling Consortium (formerly Physical Modeling Consortium)
- Plastic & Metal Center Inc
- Platform Management Center (Sprint)
- Playmore Corporation
- Plumbing Mechanical Contractors (association)
- Pod Music Countdown
- Pointwise Multigroup Converter
- Pokémon Mystery Club (anime)
- Pole Maintenance Company, LLC (Columbus, NE)
- Policía Municipal Comunitaria (Spanish: Community Municipal Police; Peru)
- Political Media Consultant
- Polyimide Matrix Composite
- Polymer and Materials Chemistry
- Polymer Matrix Composite
- Poor Man's Copyright
- Port Management Card
- Port of Melbourne Corporation (shipping; Melbourne, Australia)
- Portable Media Center (Microsoft)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The AIM satellite mission will explore Polar Mesospheric Clouds (PMCs), also called noctilucent clouds.
Gardner notes that his team's finding of higher altitudes for Southern Hemisphere polar mesospheric clouds contradicts data from satellite measurements.
The scientific mission of the AIM satellite program is focused on the study of Polar Mesospheric Clouds (PMCs) that form about 50 miles above the Earth's surface in the summer months, primarily in the polar regions.