The winner scores zero with everyone else getting 100 points (including the play-off loser) plus five points per shot that your selection finishes behind the winner.
What does PPS stand for?
PPS stands for Points Per Shot (basketball statistic)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of PPS
We have 644 other meanings of PPS in our Acronym Attic
- Pisces-Perseus Supercluster
- Pistolet-Pulemyot Sudaeva (gun)
- Pitch Plane Scan
- Pittsburgh Public Schools (Pennsylvania)
- Plagiarism Prevention Service (education software; Turnitin)
- Plainfield Public Schools (Plainfield, NJ)
- Planning and Preparation Services (LDSS)
- Planning Policy Statement (UK government)
- Plant Protection System
- Plastic Paint Solutions
- Political Problem Solving
- Polska Partia Socjalistyczna (Polish Socialist Party 1892-1937)
- Polygons (Polys) Per Second
- Polynomial Phase Signal
- Polyphenylene Sulfide
- Popliteal Pterygium Syndrome
- Ports Protocols and Services (US Military)
- Positional Processing System
- Post Polio Syndrome
- Post Post Script (an additional postscript)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These contests, in which the player with the lowest score is awarded ten points plus three points per shot won by, can be extremely changeable - as this match-up between the two tournament also-rans showed.
Not surprisingly, IG fielded plenty of buyers, while Sporting reported the majority of sellers and, with Funk posting a 66 and Ballesteros hacking it round in 87, the result was a maximum make-up of 55 on a basis of ten points for winning and three points per shot won by (maximum 15).