By 2004, the clinical IT momentum had stalled, and implementation of the more advanced point-of-care clinical systems (nursing documentation, order management, bar code medication administration and physician order entry) had not yet been undertaken.
What does POCCS stand for?
POCCS stands for Point-of-Care Clinical System (Australia)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Philadelphia Organic Chemists' Club
- Platform Ondernemingsraden Contract Catering (Dutch: Platform Works Contract Catering)
- Point of Care Coordinator (hospital position)
- Professionals of Color Commission (Minnesota College Personnel Association)
- Project Operations Control Center
- Pseudomorphose d'Oxalate de Calcium en Calcite
- Pu'uloa Outrigger Canoe Club (Hawaii)
- People of Color Consortium Against AIDS (Denver, Colorado; advocacy and assistance organization)
- Portable Onboard Computer Control Board (space shuttle component; NASA)
- Point of Care Center for Emerging Neuro Technologies (University of Cincinnati; Ohio)
- Post-Operative Critical Care Unit (hospital unit)
- Point Contact Customer
- Plan of Conservation and Development (Connecticut)
- Point of Care Diagnostics (New South Wales, Australia)
- Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction
- Print On Customer Demand
- Process Operational Concept Document
- Proof of Concept Demonstration
- Point of Care Data Manager
- Pantone Open Color Environment
Samples in periodicals archive:
0 release also includes the enhancements needed to process PPS transactions electronically exchanged between STAT 2 and Simione's Smart ClipBoard point-of-care clinical system via the company's recently announced data gateway (see press release dated July 17, 2000).
McKessonHBOC's point-of-care clinical systems are used by more than 150 healthcare organizations, while more than 650 organizations nationwide operate its automatic drug dispensing devices in either the central pharmacy or patient care areas.