The tunneling capacity of a single CryptoCluster 5010 gateway allows it to easily supports 20,000 users simultaneously with individual Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol or Microsoft Point to Point Tunneling Protocol tunnels.
What does PPTP stand for?
PPTP stands for Point to Point Tunneling Protocol
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PPTP
We have 9 other meanings of PPTP in our Acronym Attic
- Personal Property Transportation Officer
- Petroleum Pipeline and Terminal Operating (company)
- PIN Pad Time Out
- Pius Parent Teacher Organization
- Plans Programs & Training Office
- Price Performance Trade-Off
- Principal Professional and Technology Officer
- Project Planning, Tracking and Oversight
- Public Program Testing Organization
- Purchased Paid Time Off
- Presidencia Pro Tempore Paraguaya (Spanish: Paraguayan President Pro Tempore; Paraguay)
- Program Performance Test Plan
- Program Performance Test Procedure
- Public Policy Training Program (Asian Development Bank)
- Pylorus-Preserving Total Pancreatectomy
- Personal Property Tax Relief Act (Virginia; more commonly seen as PPTRA)
- Precision Pressure Transducer Ruggedized
- Program Performance Test Report
- Pulsed Photothermal Radiometry (biomedical engineering)
- Personal Property Tax Relief Act (Virginia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
participated in verifying the functionality and features of the enhanced version of Microsoft's Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) released September 1, 1998.
In addition, Aventail VPN includes cross-platform support, and works with and adds value to tunneling protocols such as Internet Protocol Security (IPSec), Microsoft's Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), Cisco's Layer Two Forwarding (L2F), and Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP).
Aventail VPN is the only VPN solution that is compatible with any firewall and tunneling protocol such as Microsoft's (Nasdaq: MSFT) Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) and Cisco's (Nasdaq: CSCO) Layer Two Forwarding (L2F).
For the first time, organizations can build a VPN and be confident of its compliance with emerging security protocols such as SOCKS v5, Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), Internet Protocol Security (IPSEC), and Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP).
For example, the RASware software environment uses MPPC compression to increase throughput on Windows-to-Windows connections by up to 8:1, and it supports the Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) for tunneling traffic securely over the Internet.