23 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today the Navy released a flawed environmental impact statement supporting its decision to build a landing field near Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge in eastern North Carolina.
What does PLNWR stand for?
PLNWR stands for Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge (North Carolina)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Pacific Lightnet Inc (Honolulu)
- Programming Language for Natural Language Processing (software design approach)
- Purdue Literacy Network Project (Purdue University; West Lafayette, IN)
- Patient Learning Needs Scale
- Plains (street suffix)
- Post-Launch Notification System
- Psychiatric Liaison Nurse Specialist
- Point Loma Nazarene University
- Positive Living North West Society (British Columbia, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
4th Circuit Court of Appeals Hears Case After Navy Loses Twice in District Court WASHINGTON, July 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Today the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia will hear the same old, tired and flawed argument the Navy has been using for three years to justify why it should build a landing field near Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge in Eastern North Carolina, according to Defenders of Wildlife, plaintiffs in a case against the United States Department of the Navy, et al.
Pocosin Lakes National Wildlife Refuge, NC: A Navy landing field, from which 100 sorties a day would be flown by fighter jets at low altitudes, is proposed for one mile from the refuge; and a proposed million-chicken egg factory near the refuge would foul the water and threaten waterfowl with disease.