The ST289 clone was originally reported from Colombia and is contained in the Pneumococcal Molecular Epidemiology Network list of worldwide antimicrobial drug-resistant clones (designation [Colombia.
What does PMEN stand for?
PMEN stands for Pneumococcal Molecular Epidemiology Network
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Peshawar Model Educational Institute (est. 1979; Pakistan)
- Pittsburgh Middle East Institute (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Project Management Enterprises, Inc. (Bethesda, MD)
- Project Management Excellence Initiative (est. 2002; Canada)
- Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory
- Potentially Malignant Epithelial Lesion
- Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory
- Progressive Multiple Event Location (earthquakes)
- Personal Motion Event Monitor
- Particle Mesh Ewald Molecular Dynamics
- Performance, Modeling, Evaluation and Optimization of Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Pennsylvania Migrant Education Program (est. 1969)
- Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (USAID)
- Pesticide Management Education Program
- Plasma Membranes Enriched Particles (biochemical physics)
- Position of the Maximum Energy Peak (electrographic recording datum)
- Pumping Mean Effective Pressure (engine cylinder combustion analysis)
- Presidential Middle East Preparedness Committee (Philippines)
- Program on the Medical Encounter and Palliative Care (Durham, NC)
- Peak-to-Mean Envelope Power Ratio
Samples in periodicals archive:
26) These strains have over the past 29 years become the dominant pneumococci isolated from invasive infections in most developed countries and are documented by a collaboration of scientists called the Pneumococcal Molecular Epidemiology Network (PMEN) (http://www.
The Pneumococcal Molecular Epidemiology Network (PMEN) was established with the purpose of tracking internationally disseminated antibiotic resistant strains (16).