It is widely known that PIP3 can bind to the Pleckstrin homology domain (PH domain), which is the major factor involved in Ala activation (Hawkins et al.
What does PLEK stand for?
PLEK stands for Pleckstrin
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Public Libraries Evaluation Group (New South Wales, Australia)
- Pelvic and Lower Extremity Injury (conference)
- Professional Legal Expense Insurance (Canada)
- Programa de Liderazgo Empresarial Internacional (Spanish: International Business Leadership Program)
- Public Law Education Institute
- Public Legal Education and Information (Canada)
- Policing, Law Enforcement and Interoperability Branch (Public Safety Canada; Ottawa, Canada)
- Public Legal Education in Nunavut (Canada)
- Public Legal Education and Information Service (Canada)
- Party for Liberty, Equality and Justice (Mauritania)
- Pinchin LeBlanc Environmental Ltd. (consulting firm; Canada)
- Partition Ligation Expectation Maximization
- Perl Loadable Exploiting Module (programming)
- Pipe Line End Manifold
- Provinciale Limburgse Electriciteits Maatschappij (The Netherlands)
- Pacific Lighthouse Environmental Management Services Inc. (Canada)
- Public Leadership Education Network
- Plenis Coloribus (Latin: in Full Colours)
- Public Legal Education Network of Alberta (Red Deer, Alberta, Canada)
- Parents' Lifelines of Eastern Ontario (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
signal transduction processes (centaurin, delta 1; NCOA2; pleckstrin and Sec7 domain containing 3; protein phosphatase 2, regulatory subunit B [B56], [gamma] isoform), transcriptional regulation (NCOA2; POU domain, class 2, transcription factor 1; ETS variant gene 3), and cell proliferation pathways (hypothetical protein FLJ36090, epidermal growth factor receptor pathway substrate 15).
S1_at PLEKHG2 Pleckstrin homology domain containing, family G (with RhoGef domain) member 2 LRG1 Leucine-rich alpha-2 -glycoprotein 1 Bt.
PIK3CA encodes p110, the catalytic subunit of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K), which phosphorylates the phosphoinositide-3,4-diphosphate [PtdIns(3,4)P2] to Ptd-Ins(3,4,5)P3, both messenger molecules that regulate the localization and function of multiple effectors by binding to their specific pleckstrin homology domains.
 Human genes: GSTP1, glutathione-S-transferase pi; RARB, retinoic acid receptor [beta]; APC, adenomatous polyposis coli; ACTB, [beta]-actin; EDNRB, endothelin receptor type B; RASSF1, Ras association (RalGDS/AF-6) domain family member 1; CDKN2A, cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A (formerly p16); PSCD2, pleckstrin homology, Sec7 and coiled-coil domains 2 (formerly ARF); MGMT, O-6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase.
Abbreviations: AM, alveolar macrophages; PA, Pseudomonas aeruginosa; GST, glutathione S transferase; YFP, yellow fluorescent protein; GFP, green fluorescent protein; PH, pleckstrin homology domain, Lyn, v-yes yamaguchi sarcoma related gene / protein; PI3K, phosphoinositol -3- kinase; Akt, protein kinase B; MHS, murine alveolar macrophage cell line from ATCC.
The mutation alters the electrostatics of binding pocket in the pleckstrin homology domain, the portion of the enzyme that docks with phospholipids on the cell membrane," said Kerry L.
Among the topics are inositol lipids and RTPC channel activation, pleckstrin homology domains and phospho-inositides, inositol polyphosphate kinases as regulators of nuclear function, and the evolution of the diverse biological roles of inositols.