Byline: MARTIN LIPTON HE has had enough of the playboys of the western world - and the antics that have disgusted a nation.
What does POWW stand for?
POWW stands for Playboys of the Western World (band)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of POWW
We have 1 other meaning of POWW in our Acronym Attic
- Peace Out West Side
- Program Operating Work Statement
- Psychology of Women Section (British Psychological Society; UK)
- Point of Work Safety Assessment
- Pulse Oximetry Waveform Systolic Blood Pressure
- Power of Working Together
- Publicly Owned Treatment Works
- Prince of Wales Tribal Enterprise Consortium (Alaska)
- Private Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems (Wisconsin)
- Privately Owned Wastewater Treatment System (Wisconsin)
- Powerful Women of Wrestling (1987-1990)
- Preserve Our Wallets and Waterfront (St. Petersburg, Florida)
- Prince of Wales Wellington (Australia; hockey)
- Purely Obsessed Wrestling World (Illinois)
- Power Without Wires
- Port of Washington Yacht Club (Washington, DC)
- Partial Oxidation (fuel cells)
- Plain Old XML
- Point of Exit
- Pressure Oxidation
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the recent book Playboys of the Western World Nicholas Grene contends that "the difficult dilemma for any director of the play is to find a style to combine realism with the stylization that the language makes necessary.
ADRIAN FRAZIER, EDITOR Playboys of the Western World.