The Platform Battlefield Information System application gave tank commanders a computer-generated map of battlefields.
What does PBISA stand for?
PBISA stands for Platform Battlefield Information System Application
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Persistent Bibliographic Information Record (Literature Information and Documentation System; Germany)
- Planning, Budget and Institutional Research (various universities)
- Producto Bruto Interno Real (Spanish: Real Gross Domestic Product)
- The Pharmaceutical Business Intelligence and Research Group
- Pacific Bell Internet Services (San Francisco, CA)
- Performance-Based Incentive System
- Performance-Based Inspection System (Food Safety and Inspection Service; USDA)
- Positive Behavior Intervention Strategy
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Program Budget Information System (US Navy)
- Phillips Beth Israel School of Nursing (New York, NY)
- Planning Board for Inland Surface Transport (NATO)
- Periodic Built-In-Test
- Power-up Built-In Test
- Problem Based Instructional Task
- Profit Before Interest and Tax (Accounting)
- Profit Before Interest, Tax and Amortisation
- Pour Bleach in Tank and Walk Away
- Profit Before Interest, Tax, Depreciation and Amortization (accounting)
- Peripheral Bus Interface Unit (computing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For this award, DRS will manufacture and deliver Platform Battlefield Information System Application (P-BISA) Digitization Processor Units (PDPUs) to be installed on Challenger 2 Main Battle Tanks.
The Newcastle defence group signed a contract with General Dynamics UK to supply the Platform Battlefield Information System application.