Decreased platelet function has also been observed with whole blood flow cytometry after in vitro activation (22) and when using the Platelet Function Analyzer (PFA-100) (30).
What does PFA stand for?
PFA stands for Platelet Function Analyzer (aka Platelet Function Assay)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PFA
We have 213 other meanings of PFA in our Acronym Attic
- Physical Failure Analysis
- Physical Fitness Assessment
- Physical Fitness Officer (various organizations)
- Pierre Fauchard Academy (dental organization)
- Pink Fused Alumina (metal)
- Pistillate Flower Abscission (walnut genotypes)
- Plain Film Abdomen
- Planet's Funniest Animals (TV show)
- Planned Facility Account
- Planned Future Action
- Platelet Function Assay (aka Platelet Function Analyzer)
- Please Find Attached (email attachments)
- Please Find Attachment (email abbreviation)
- Plucked from Air
- Point of Force Application
- Polar Format Algorithm
- Police/Fire/Ambulance (various locations)
- Policía Federal Argentina
- Policy Forum Armenia
- Polish Falcons of America
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rapid assessment of glycoprotein IIb/IIIa blockade with the platelet function analyzer (PFA-100) during percutaneous coronary intervention.
Investigators at Oxford (England) University have shown that the agreement among the results of the platelet function analyzer (PFA-100), VerifyNow-ASA assays, and LTA testing remained poor among 72 patients still on low-dose aspirin therapy 1 year after first being tested, with only one patient identified as a nonresponder by all three tests (Platelets 2008;19:119-24).
An initial run of blood specimens through a platelet function analyzer identified a prolonged closure time for 17 of the girls (57%).
In contrast, in patients with von Willebrand disease (VWD) type I and borderline to normal ristocetin-cofactor (von Willebrand factor [VWF]:RCo) activity, collagen receptor density correlates inversely with closure time in a high-shear-stress system, that is, the Platelet Function Analyzer (PFA-100, Dade-Behring, Deerfield, Ill).
announced today that they have added the PFA-100(R) Platelet Function Analyzer to their existing purchasing agreement for hemostasis products.
Company begins international distribution of its AggreGuide(TM) A-100 platelet function analyzer HOUSTON -- Aggredyne, Inc.
Platelet function was assessed with the PFA-100 platelet function analyzer (Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Deerfield, IL, USA).