None of the trials reported significant findings for a wide array of inflammatory markers, including C-reactive protein, fibrinogen, plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1, cytokines, or tumor necrosis factor-alpha.
What does PAI-1 stand for?
PAI-1 stands for Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor Type 1
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PAI-1
- Programme d’actions intégrées de recherche (Research Integrated Action Programmes)
- Project AI (Microsoft Flight Simulator)
- Protection and Advocacy Inc.
- pubic arch interference
- Public Administration Institution (Washington Business and Technology Institute)
- Public Authority for Industry (Kuwait)
- Public Awareness Initiative (media)
- Publicly Available Information (valuation)
- Puppetry Arts Institute (Independence, MO)
- Pure Active Ingredient (EPA)
- Type 1 Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor (gene)
- Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor 2
- Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor Type 3
- Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor Activity and Antigen
- Physical Activity Index from the College Alumnus Questionnaire
- plasminogen activator inhibitor type I
- Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor type 1
- Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor Type 2
- Philippine Appliance Industry Association (trade association)
- Priority Area for Interdisciplinary Action
Samples in periodicals archive:
Dual role for plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 as soluble and as matricellular regulator of epithelial alveolar cell wound healing.
Altered expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 in placentas from pregnant women with preeclampsia and/or intrauterine fetal growth retardation.
Altered expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 in placenta from pregnant women with preeclampsia and/or intrauterine fetal growth retardation.
Low tPA activity in the blood is typically associated with increased plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) and may be related to an increase risk of arterial thrombosis (1-3).
The fibrinolytic activity of blood depends on the balance between the circulating concentrations of tissue-type plasminogen activator (t-PA) (4) and plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1), which are both secreted by endothelial cells .
Measurement of the protein components of the urokinase system in tumor extracts reveals that high concentrations of uPA, uPAR, and plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) are associated with shorter survival of breast cancer patients [16-23], and therefore may be used as prognostic markers.