Plus, hear exclusive case studies from the retailers and manufacturers leading the way in the healthy ageing trend, including Marks & Spencer's pioneering 'Fuller for Longer' range and Benecol's cholesterol-lowering plant stanol ester products.
What does PSE stand for?
PSE stands for Plant Stanol Ester (margarine)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PSE
We have 323 other meanings of PSE in our Acronym Attic
- Pi Sigma Epsilon (Milwaukee, WI; est. 1951)
- Piano Strutturale di Emergenza
- Pidgin Sign English (now called Contact Language)
- Plain Small End (pipe design)
- Plan de Sauvegarde de l'Emploi (French: Backup Plan for Employment; labor code)
- Plan de Surveillance et de Suivi de l'Environnement (French)
- Plan Sport Emploi (French: Sport Jobs Plan)
- Planed Square Edge (timber/wood)
- Planned Special Exposure
- Plans, Specifications and Estimate
- Plant Support Engineering
- Please (logging abbreviation)
- Point of Subjective Equivalence
- Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne (Poland's National Grid Operator)
- Ponce, PR, USA - Mercedita (Airport Code)
- Poor Self-Esteem
- Porn Star Experience
- Portable Sanitation Europe (trade association)
- Portal Systemic Encephalopathy (aka Portosystemic Encephalopathy)
- Portosystemic Encephalopathy (aka Portal Systemic Encephalopathy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The subjects consumed either plant stanol ester-containing vegetable oil-based spread (intervention group) or a corresponding control spread without plant stanol ester (control group) for 4 weeks.
Benecol[R] foods contain a unique cholesterol-lowering ingredient called Plant Stanol Ester, which can reduce LDL cholesterol levels by up to 14% as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Raisio Benecol has attempted to educate people on the benefits of plant stanol ester by providing a user-friendly global company website (http://www.
Benecol Yogurt Drink contains Plant Stanol Ester which is clinically proven to reduce cholesterol levels by up to 14pc in as little as two to three weeks.
Plant stanol ester blocks absorption of bad cholesterol.
Studies conducted with hyperlipidemic subjects with familial hypercholesterolemia caused by the FH-North Karelia genetic mutation (FH-NK) have further demonstrated a LDL-cholesterol lowering potential for plant stanol esters (14).
New labeling claims have been approved for foods containing plant sterol or plant stanol esters, which have been shown to reduce the risk of coronary artery disease by reducing blood cholesterol levels.