To provide a degree of safety for the fruit industry, the three-year testing period was recommended by USDA's Plum Pox Science Panel and endorsed by the Fruit Tree Panel of the North American Plant Protection Organization.
What does PPO stand for?
PPO stands for Plant Protection Organization (Iran)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PPO
We have 197 other meanings of PPO in our Acronym Attic
- Pension Payment Order (India)
- Permanently Pissed Off
- Personal Performance Objective
- Personal Property Office (US Navy)
- Personal Protection Order (law)
- Philippine Philharmonic Orchestra (est. 1973)
- Physical Plant Office
- Pilot/Payload Operator
- Planetary Protection Officer (US NASA)
- Plant PowerOps (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In June, the Wood Packing Materials Group of the International Plant Protection Organization (IPPO) met in Ottawa to begin development of the Guidelines for Regulation of Non-Manufactured Packing.
``The complete program I explained in my speech is scientifically founded,'' said Lourdes Fonalleras, director of the Servicio Nacional de Sanidad y Calidad Agroalimentaria, the country's national plant protection organization.