Recently, researchers at Beltsville's Plant Molecular Biology Laboratory (PMBL) isolated two tomato genes that offer new approaches to genetically engineering the control of ethylene in several crops.
What does PMBL stand for?
PMBL stands for Plant Molecular Biology Laboratory (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PMBL
We have 4 other meanings of PMBL in our Acronym Attic
- Probabilistic Model-Building Genetic Algorithm
- Port Macquarie Base Hospital (Australia)
- Preoptic Area-Medial Basal Hypothalamus
- Pardon My Butting In
- Pharmacy Benefit Management Institute (est. 1987; Plano, TX)
- Pejabat Menteri Besar Johor (Malaysia)
- Pradhan Mantri Bharat Jodo Pariyojana (India; now the National Highways Development Programme 3)
- Project Management Body of Knowledge (also seen as PMBOK)
- Pacific Metro Baseball League (Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada)
- Performance Measurement Baseline Log
- Prairie Midget Baseball League (Canada)
- Primary Mediastinal B-Cell Lymphoma
- Paula Modersohn Becker Museum
- Project Management Benchmarking Network (Texas)
- Participating Mailbox Office (station mode)
- Property Management by Owner (Silverthorne, CO)
- Project Management Body of Knowledge (Project Management Institute, Inc.)
- Phenyl-Methyl-Benzoyl-Pyrazolone (technically, 1-Phenyl-3-Methyl-4-Benzoyl-5-Pyrazolone)
- phpMyBackupPro (open source software)
- Pregnancy-Associated Major Basic Protein (obstetrics and gynecology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A plant breeder has to be able to see crops not just as they are, but as they can be," says Devine, who is with the Agricultural Research Service's Plant Molecular Biology Laboratory in Beltsville, Maryland.
Mattoo, who is in charge of ARS' Plant Molecular Biology Laboratory in Beltsville, Maryland.