The bad showing will, however, have no financial implications for the council as housing and planning delivery grants given to local authorities by the government are not linked to performance as they once were.
What does PDG stand for?
PDG stands for Planning Delivery Grant (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PDG
We have 129 other meanings of PDG in our Acronym Attic
- Patrouille Des Glaciers (Swiss Army ski race)
- People's Democratic Group
- Performance & Development Guide
- Permanent Downhole Gauge (also seen as PDHG)
- PharmaNet Development Group (Princeton, NJ)
- Phenyldiguanide (c-fiber agonist)
- Philosophy Discussion Group (various locations)
- Pinnacle Development Group (various organizations)
- Piranha Designs Gibraltar (web design)
- Pizza Delivery Guy
- Polarization Dependent Gain
- Positional Data Graphic (US DoD)
- Precision Drop Glider
- Pregnanediol-3-Glucuronide (biochemistry)
- Président Directeur Général (CEO)
- Presidente Director General (Spanish: President and Director General)
- Pretty Damn Good
- Prise Design Group (Eugene, OR)
- Procedure Dependence Graph
- Product Development Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
Councils are already given funding to plan and build more homes through the housing and planning delivery grant, introduced as an incentive to strengthen responses to local housing pressures by using the most efficient planning procedures.
The hand-out will be funded by abolishing what Mrs Spelman referred to as the "highly bureaucratic and inefficient" Housing and Planning Delivery Grant which is distributed to local authorities on a complex formula basis.
She said the council had been awarded a planning delivery grant worth about pounds 136,000 this year - an increase of more than pounds 50,000 on last year - which would help speed up the application process.
The new planning tax will work in conjunction with other government initiatives such as the housing and planning delivery grant.
The first round of funding in a pounds 510 million Housing and Planning Delivery Grant was released on 16 July 2008.
The figures mean the council has maximised its planning delivery grant allocation and met the Government's Corporate Performance Assessment target.
The planning delivery grant, announced by Office of the Deputy Prime Minister, has been welcomed by Cllr John Glass, council cabinet member for planning and development.