Such is the case with the recent completion of a dry-dock period for USS Essex (LHD 2), currently in the midst of a $200 million Depot Planned Maintenance Availability (DPMA), the largest ever for the non-carrier surface Navy.
What does PMA stand for?
PMA stands for Planned Maintenance Availability
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PMA
We have 624 other meanings of PMA in our Acronym Attic
- Physical Medium Attachment
- Physics, Mathematics, and Astronomy (Caltech division)
- Pierce, Monroe and Associates, LLC (Detroit, MI)
- Pilates Method Alliance
- Pilomyxoid Astrocytoma
- Pilot Maintenance Activity
- Plan de Manejo Ambiental (Spanish: Environmental Management Plan)
- Plan for Modernization of Agriculture (Uganda)
- Plan Map Amendment (Oregon)
- Planar Monopole Antenna
- Plant Growth Modeling, Simulation, Visualization and Applications (symposium)
- Plumbing and Mechanical Association
- Pocket Media Assistant (device)
- Poid Maximal Autorisé (France)
- Pointing Mirror Assembly
- Police Management Association (various organizations)
- Policy Management Authority
- Political/Military Assessment (US DoD)
- Poly Methacrylic Acid
- Polyurethane Manufacturers Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
A drydocking planned maintenance availability consists of the planning and execution of depot-level maintenance, alterations, and modifications, which will update and elevate the ship's military and technical capabilities.
As the assistant depot planned maintenance availability (DPMA) coordinator, Shetler's job is to ensure Navy work gets done alongside the hundreds of contractors who come aboard to work each day.
Bataan (LHD 5) concluded planned maintenance availability on 10 October 2002 at Norfolk Naval Shipyard in Virginia.
5 million modification to previously awarded contract HSCG85-05-C-625306 in support of repairs and alterations performed during the triennial Dry-Docking Planned Maintenance Availability ("DPMA") of the icebreaker USCGC Healy (WAGB-20).
Contract Awarded for the planned maintenance availability of Wasp-class amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge
Coast Guard has awarded to its wholly owned subsidiary, Todd Pacific Shipyards Corporation ("Todd Pacific"), a $5,515,503 modification to previously awarded contract HSCG85-09-C-6BX667 in support of repairs and alterations performed during the Planned Maintenance Availability ("PMA") of the Icebreaker USCGC Polar Sea (WAGB-11).
Coast Guard has awarded to its wholly owned subsidiary, Todd Pacific Shipyards Corporation ("Todd Pacific"), a $3,904,856 modification to previously awarded contract HSCG85-05-C-625306 in support of repairs and alterations performed during the Planned Maintenance Availability ("PMA") of the icebreaker USCGC Healy (WAGB-20).