Truman (CVN 75) celebrated the 217th Birthday of the Navy Supply Corps in the Norfolk Naval Shipyards while undergoing a Docked Planned Incremental Availability.
What does PIA stand for?
PIA stands for Planned Incremental Availability
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PIA
We have 393 other meanings of PIA in our Acronym Attic
- Personal Insolvency Agreement (debt management)
- Personal Investment Authority
- Pesquisa Industrial Anual (Portuguese: Annual Industrial Survey; Brazil)
- Philadelphia International Advisors (Philadelphia, PA)
- Philippine Information Agency
- Photometers for Imaging the Aurora (Astrid-2 spacecraft)
- Photon-counting Image Acquisition
- Pie Is Awesome
- Pioneer Investments Austria
- Pittsburgh International Airport
- Plant Inspection Assistant
- Plastics Institute of America
- Porcine Intestinal Adenomatosis
- Post Indictment Arraignment (legal proceeding)
- Post Instructional Activity (aka homework)
- Power Injected Amplifier (structured home wiring for cable TV, internet, & audio distribution)
- Power Interface Assembly
- Pre Infarct Angina
- Pre-Incorporation Agreement (contracts)
- Preinstallation Acceptance (US NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mewbourne, Ike's commanding officer, recognizes this too, with his planned incremental availability goal of "Do it right the first time.
while completing a dry dock planned incremental availability.
During her latest Docked Planned Incremental Availability (DPIA), USS John C.
shipyard on 30 August, as the carrier approached the end of her planned incremental availability.
The maintenance period, known as a Planned Incremental Availability (PIA), was the first of many the three year-old carrier will see during her planned 50 years of service.
This contract modification represents an exercised option for the Planned Incremental Availability ("PIA") for USS JOHN C.
For the Record Nimitz (CVN 68) began her six-month planned incremental availability on 23 February.