The adoption of the unique health plan identifier is one of a series of regulations mandated by the Affordable Care Act and aimed at simplifying health care administrative transactions.
What does PID stand for?
PID stands for Plan Identifier
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PID
We have 246 other meanings of PID in our Acronym Attic
- Personal Identifying Data (various organizations)
- Personal Interior Design (Stockholm, NY)
- Personally-Identifiable Data
- Personnel Increment Number
- Photo Ionization Detector
- Photoionization Detector
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagram
- Plan Identification
- Plan Identification Designator
- Plan Identification number
- Planned Imaging Data
- Planned Industrial Development
- Plant and Instrumentation Drawing
- Poisons Information Database
- Political Intelligence Department (UK)
- Portable Inspection Device
- Positive Identification
- Pre-flight Inserted Data (US Navy S-3 and P-3 aircraft)
- Pre-Injury Duties (workplace rehabilitation)
- Precursor Ion Discovery (mass spectrometry)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition, as the Department of Health and Human Services continues to refine and issue regulations, most health care organizations will also have to comply with security, employer identifier, provider identifier, health plan identifier, and other HIPAA standards.
HHS also expected to issue proposed rules for Health Plan Identifiers and Provider Identifiers during the first quarter of 2002.