To ensure MA plan benefit package designs do not discriminate against beneficiaries in poor health with high expected health care costs, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) reviews and approves all benefit packages yearly.
What does PBP stand for?
PBP stands for Plan Benefit Package (health care)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PBP
We have 146 other meanings of PBP in our Acronym Attic
- Peace Between People (Seattle, WA)
- Peanut Butter Panic (Blue Bunny ice cream flavor; also Atari game)
- Penicillin Binding Protein
- Performance-Based Payment (US DoD)
- PERL (Practical Extraction and Report Language) Best Practices (computer programming)
- Personal Basis Profile (connected device configuration)
- Personal Business Plan
- Pheromone Binding Protein
- Picture Bleeds Paint (band)
- Picture by Picture (TVs and monitors)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The committee report recommended better sales agent training, strengthened state oversight of plan sales operations, standardization of plan benefit packages, and comprehensive tracking of beneficiary complaints.
Humana included the enhancements in its 2005 Medicare Advantage plan benefit package for the greater New Orleans area, filed with the federal government's Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).