They are calcium-dependent adhesion molecules that belong to the cadherin superfamily and link to CK filaments via desmoplakins and plakoglobin.
What does PKGB stand for?
PKGB stands for Plakoglobin
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PKGB
- Pehdzeh Ki First Nation (Canada)
- Port Klang Free Zone (Port Klang, Malaysia)
- Penalty Kick Goals Scored (soccer)
- Private-Key Generator (internet encryption)
- Protein Kinase G
- Public Key Generation (computers)
- Packaged Petroleum, Oil, & Lubricants
- Phosphoglycerate Kinase of Spermatozoa
- Processor-Key Generator Unit
- Pendidikan Kecakapan Hidup (Indonesian: LIfe Skills Education)
- Penggunaan Kawasan Hutan (Indonesian: Use of Forest Area)
- Peter Knipp Holdings (Singapore)
- Program Keluarga Harapan (Malay: Program Family Hope)
- Project Khmer HOPE (Humanitarian Outreach for Peace on Earth; Cambodia)
- Psychiatrische Krankenhaus Halle (German psychiatric hospital facility)
- Protein Kinase Histone 4
- Prince Kuhio Hawaiian Civic Club (Honolulu, HI)
- Polycystic Kidney and Hepatic Disease 1 (genetics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Desmozomal plaklar hucre ici sitokeratinlerin baglanma noktalari olup desmoplakin, plakoglobin, plakofilin gibi yuksek molekuler agirlikli proteinlerden olusurlar.
The probable molecular mechanism hypothesized was that by mutating desmosomal protein impairs desmosomal assembly releasing free plakoglobin from the desmosomes, which could translocate into the nucleus and through competition with [beta]-catenin suppress signaling through the canonical Wnt/ [beta]-catenin-Tcf/Lef pathway.
McKay et al report a homozygous 2-bp deletion in the plakoglobin gene in 19 individuals with Naxos disease or autosomal recessive arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy.