According to our results, a difference in burst duration in the medial position concerns the velar place of articulation only.
What does POA stand for?
POA stands for Place of Articulation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of POA
We have 155 other meanings of POA in our Acronym Attic
- Pets on Approval (housing)
- Phase of Arrival
- Philadelphia Orchestra Association (Philadelphia, PA)
- Philharmonic Orchestra of the Americas (New York, NY)
- Physician Office Administrator (various organizations)
- Piano Operativo Aziendale (Italian: Operational Business Plan)
- Piece of Art
- Piece of Ass
- Pillar of Autumn in Halo: Reach (gaming)
- Pilliar of Autum (gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to Miller and Nicely (1961:174-175), when frequencies above 1000 cps are filtered out of the speech, the features of place of articulation and duration are effectively absent, leaving nasality, affrication, and voicing to do all the work.
VERY FINE TRANSITIONS IN THE MANNER AND PLACE OF ARTICULATION The difficulty of producing obstruent clusters that violate the casual speech voicing constraint discussed above is usually resolved by voicing assimilation, for example, [TEXT NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII.