By the time Mr Dennis returned to the UK, Floyd's first album Piper At The Gates Of Dawn had just been released.
What does PATGOD stand for?
PATGOD stands for Piper At the Gates of Dawn (Pink Floyd album)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of PATGOD
- Practice Act Task Force (veterinary profession)
- Practice Analysis Task Force (various organizations)
- Protected Areas Task Force (China)
- Public Arts Task Force (Syracuse, NY)
- PAT Fernhout Architecten (Dutch)
- Product Assurance Test Field Activity
- Patrol Force
- Patrol Forces Southwest Asia (US Coast Guard)
- Patient Generator
- Pattern Generation
- Poppies at the Gates of Dawn (Kettering Town FC fanzine)
- Parents As Tender Healers
- Partners for Advanced Transit & Highways
- Partnership Against Trafficking in Human Beings (Kosovo)
- Partnership for Advancing Technology in Housing
- Paul Ambrose Trail for Health
- People Attempting to Help
- Peoples Action for Threatened Habitat
- Perinatal Addiction Treatment of Hawaii
- Personal Awareness Through Health
Samples in periodicals archive:
For now, almost 16 years later, the extent of Pink Floyd's longevity will be put to the test when they embark upon a rebirth of their own with the reissue of the band's 14 studio albums, from 1967's The Piper at the Gates of Dawn to 1994's The Division Bell as part of a mega, 16-CD Discovery box set.
All 14 of the group's studio albums, from 1967's The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn to 1994's The Division Bell will be released on September 26, as well as a box set.
tribute IN THE FLESH Tuesday November 23 Alexandra Theatre, Birmingham 0844 847 2302 IN The Flesh present an authentic excursion into rock supergroup Pink Floyd's most creative period from the mid-Sixties to the early Eighties performing tracks from the classic albums including The Piper At The Gates of Dawn, A Saucerful Of Secrets, Meddle, The Dark Side Of The Moon, Animals, The Wall and The Final Cut.
Another time a car drove past playing Astronomy Domine from Pink Floyd's album The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn.
Also particularly interesting are the annotations to Chapter 7: The Piper at the Gates of Dawn and Chapter 9: Wayfarers All, which seek out the sources of Grahame's lush language and nature imagery in the Romantic poets he loved to read.
Barrett's singular compositions such as See Emily Play and Arnold Layne became the Floyd's calling cards, and he wrote 10 of the 11 songs on their 1967 debut album, The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, but Wright sang lead on some tracks and felt inspired by Barrett's influence on the music.
Byline: GAVIN MARTIN PINK FLOYD The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn - 40th Anniversary Edition ***** Four decades on from the album that launched the fated genius of Syd Barrett, this three-disc package shows his initial ingenuity has not dated.