Abstract: Infection with pigeon circovirus (PiCV) has been associated with young pigeon disease syndrome (YPDS), which is considered to be a multifactorial disease.
What does PiCV stand for?
PiCV stands for Pigeon Circovirus
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PiCV
- Profiles in ICT (Information and Communications Technologies) for Teacher Education
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Postoperative Intensive Care Unit (hospitals)
- Priority Interrupt Control Unit
- Programmable Interface Control Unit (FMS-800 component)
- Project Implementation and Coordination Unit (various locations)
- Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Advanced Practice Nurses
- Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants (Europe)
- Pilot-in-Command Under Supervision (pilot education)
- pressure independent control valve
- Percutaneous in Situ Coronary Venous Arterialization
- Plasma Impulse Chemical Vapour Deposition
- Pacific Inter-Club Yacht Association
- Perth Inner City Youth Service
- Nassau, Bahamas - Paradise Island (Airport Code)
- Packet Identifier
- Paradise In Distress (Golden Earring album)
- Parameter Identification
- Parcel Identification (property registration)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The development of a real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) based on SYBR Green chemistry is described for the quantification of pigeon circovirus (PiCV) DNA in various samples.
Pigeon circovirus (PiCV) infection and young pigeon disease syndrome (YPDS), associated with high morbidity and mortality, have been recognized in young racing pigeons from large portions of central Europe.
This paper describes a polymerase chain reaction (PCR)-based method performed on blood samples and intestinal contents to detect subclinical pigeon circovirus (PiCV) infection in live pigeons.
The genome of pigeon circovirus was detected in lymphoid tissues from all pigeons with YPDS.