The most common presentation is Pierre Robin sequence (PRS) which consists of respiratory distress, micrognathia and glossoptosis with or without a cleft palate.
What does PRS stand for?
PRS stands for Pierre Robin Sequence (birth defect)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PRS
We have 401 other meanings of PRS in our Acronym Attic
- Personal Response System (education)
- Personal Retail Sales
- Perspectives in Religious Studies (journal; National Association of Baptist Professors of Religion)
- Pesticides Registration Section (United Kingdom)
- Phase Reference Symbol
- Phase-Resolved Spectroscopy
- Philippines Regional Section (US Army)
- Philosophical and Religious Studies
- Philosophical Research Society (Los Angeles, CA)
- Piedmont Research Station (North Carolina)
- Pilot Rating Summary
- Piracy Risk Surcharge (shipping industry)
- Planning Reference Station (ITU-T)
- Plant Root Simulator
- Platform Requirements Specification (iSMART)
- Plumas Rural Services (Quincy, CA)
- Police Retirement System (various locations)
- Polski Rejestr Statkow (Polish Register of Shipping)
- Portable Radar Simulator
- Portable Reader System (various companies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
11) In this article, we describe the cases of 2 neonates with syndromic Pierre Robin sequence who experienced feeding difficulties and severe upper airway obstruction.
Pierre Robin sequence variant I am an early intervention specialist working with a 16-month-old child who has several special needs.