Bell underlines its commercial success in Italy: "Boccaccio became big box office after director-writer Pier Paolo Pasolini used nine of the Decameron tales and the title to turn out the season's biggest film success.
What does PPP stand for?
PPP stands for Pier Paolo Pasolini (Italian director, 1922-1975)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of PPP
We have 644 other meanings of PPP in our Acronym Attic
- Perfect Prom Project
- Performance Protection Plan (product performance)
- Peripheral Pulses Palpable
- Personal Pension Plan (invesment; UK)
- Personnel Performance Profile
- Personnel Protective Equipment
- Peter Pan Pool
- Philosophy Politics and Psychology
- Pianississimo (music; very soft volume)
- Piano Pianissimo (music; played as softly as possible)
- Pilot Production Program
- Pilot Proficiency Program (safety; various locations)
- Ping, Pipe, and Power (web hosting/data center slang)
- Pink Paula Pack (Firefox theme)
- Pirkka-Pekka Petelius (Finnish comedian)
- Piss Poor Planning
- Piss Poor Protoplasm
- Pixels par Pouce (French: Dots per Inch)
- Pixma Photo Printer (Canon)
- Plan Particulier de Protection (French: Individual Protection Plan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Squarci della citta di Dio: i racconti romani del '50-'52 di Pier Paolo Pasolini.
He worked with many Italian directors including Pier Paolo Pasolini and Dario Argento but got worldwide fame for his work in Hollywood.
He addresses this centrality of subjectivity in chapters exploring the role of identity politics in curricular cosmopolitanism and the neglect of curriculum in teacher education and then explores the role of subjectivity in the cosmopolitan educations of Jane Addams (1869-1935), a founder of the US Settlement House movement; Laura Bragg (1881-1978), a prominent art museum director; and Pier Paolo Pasolini (1922-1975), the Italian poet and film director.
Accattone, Mamma Roma, La ricotta di Pier Paolo Pasolini.
Even Pier Paolo Pasolini in his proletarian Gospel According to St Matthew gave Christ (played by an amateur actor, no less) the right to one close-up during the dramatic "why have you forsaken me?
A self-confessed film buff, Cantona said he had seen most of Loach's socially-relevant movies and liked them, but was also fond of the "completely different style" of the late Italian auteur director Pier Paolo Pasolini.
Born in 1953, Moretti started going to the cinema as a teenager, where he warmed to films by Karel Reisz, Pier Paolo Pasolini, the young Bernardo Bertolucci, as well as the nouvelle vague.