In concanavalin A (Con A)-, phytohemagglutinin (PHA)-, and PMA-stimulated human lymphocytes, curcumin inhibited 1L-2 synthesis and this effect may be mediated via NF-KB inhibition (Ranjan et al.
What does PHA stand for?
PHA stands for Phytohemagglutinin (a polyclonal T-cell activator)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PHA
We have 217 other meanings of PHA in our Acronym Attic
- Pelger-Huet Anomaly
- People living with HIV/AIDS
- People's Health Assembly
- Periodic Health Assessment (US Army)
- Personal Health Assessment
- Philadelphia Housing Authority (Philadelphia, PA)
- Philippine Hospital Association
- Phoenix (Amtrak airport station code; Phoenix, AZ)
- Physical Health Assessment
- Pinto Horse Association
- Portland Housing Authority (Portland, ME)
- Position Hazard Analysis (USACE safety management action plan)
- Potentially Hazardous Asteroid
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis
- President's House Association (Georgetown College; Kentucky)
- Preventative Health Assessment
- Preventive Health Assessment
- Prince Hall Affiliated (Freemason)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Cell-mediated immune response was measured in vivo by phytohemagglutinin (PHA) skin test.
Comparison of ATP production in whole blood and lymphocyte proliferation in response to phytohemagglutinin.
These include polyphenols, trypsin and alpha amylase inhibitors and phytohemagglutinins .
Cytogenetic Analysis: Chromosomal analysis was performed on phytohemagglutinin (PHA)-stimulated peripheral lymphocyte cultures using standard cytogenetic methods (4, 5).
Following 48 hours of sleep deprivation, 12 young male volunteers showed marked reductions of DNA synthesis after stimulation with phytohemagglutinin.
Screening for phytohemagglutinin was assessed using the method reported by Occena with anti-Phaseolus vulgaris lectin as immunogen and Phaseolus vulgaris lectin as reference .
I took a sample of my own blood, separated the white from the red blood cells, cultured the white cells, and put them in some phytohemagglutinin and waited for them to divide.