Six birds from each treatment were also selected at 21 days of age to evaluate the immune response by a cutaneous basophil hypersensitivity (CBH) test using phytohemagglutinin PHA-M (Invitrogen) (Corrier and Deloach, 1990).
What does PHA stand for?
PHA stands for Phytohemagglutinin (a polyclonal T-cell activator)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PHA
We have 217 other meanings of PHA in our Acronym Attic
- Pelger-Huet Anomaly
- People living with HIV/AIDS
- People's Health Assembly
- Periodic Health Assessment (US Army)
- Personal Health Assessment
- Philadelphia Housing Authority (Philadelphia, PA)
- Philippine Hospital Association
- Phoenix (Amtrak airport station code; Phoenix, AZ)
- Physical Health Assessment
- Pinto Horse Association
- Portland Housing Authority (Portland, ME)
- Position Hazard Analysis (USACE safety management action plan)
- Potentially Hazardous Asteroid
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis
- President's House Association (Georgetown College; Kentucky)
- Preventative Health Assessment
- Preventive Health Assessment
- Prince Hall Affiliated (Freemason)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The project has been carried out to study electron transfer in phytohemagglutinin protein, and its main objective is to achieve information about how the herbal protein performs, specially its role in the storage of ions such as iron.
Toxic and deterrent effects of phytohemagglutinin on the grain aphid Sitobion avenae.
It measures the concentration of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) released from circulating CD4 cells following in vitro cell stimulation with phytohemagglutinin (PHA).
These include polyphenols, trypsin and alpha amylase inhibitors and phytohemagglutinins .
Cytogenetic Analysis: Chromosomal analysis was performed on phytohemagglutinin (PHA)-stimulated peripheral lymphocyte cultures using standard cytogenetic methods (4, 5).
Following 48 hours of sleep deprivation, 12 young male volunteers showed marked reductions of DNA synthesis after stimulation with phytohemagglutinin.
Screening for phytohemagglutinin was assessed using the method reported by Occena with anti-Phaseolus vulgaris lectin as immunogen and Phaseolus vulgaris lectin as reference .