From 1997 to 2001, she chaired the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission, which advises Congress on payment and other issues relating to Medicare, and from 1995 to 1997, she chaired the Physician Payment Review Commission.
What does PPRC stand for?
PPRC stands for Physician Payment Review Commission
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PPRC
We have 41 other meanings of PPRC in our Acronym Attic
- Planning and Projects Review Advisory Committee (Development Planning Unit; British Virgin Islands)
- Parallel-Processing Random-Access Memory
- Police Public Relations Branch (Hong Kong)
- Program Perumahan Rakyat Bersepadu (Malay: Integrated Housing Program)
- Project and Priority Review Board
- Project Proposal Review Board
- Protection Profile Review Board (security)
- Public Procurement Review Board (various locations)
- Pusat Pengembangan Rehabilitasi Bersumberdaya Masyarakat (Indonesian: Center for Rehabilitation and Training Bersumberdaya Society; Bersumberdaya, Indonesia)
- Peer-To-Peer Remote Copy
- Pollution Prevention Resource Center
- Portland Pearl Rotary Club (Portland, OR)
- Provisioning Preparedness Review Conference
- Pulp and Paperworker's Resource Council
- Past President of the Royal College of Surgeons (UK)
- Perinatal/Pediatric Respiratory Care Specialist
- Pan Pearl River Delta (China)
- Personal Professional Review and Development (UK)
- Project Peer Review Panel (UK)
- The People's Party for Reconstruction and Democracy (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A former member of the Physician Payment Review Commission and an active member of the Institute of Medicine, Pauly's work on the economics of moral hazard was the first to point out how health insurance coverage may affect patients' use of medical services.
He served as Chairman of the Congressional Physician Payment Review Commission and is a member of the Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences.
The Physician Payment Review Commission has estimated that family practitioners, for example, would receive 38 per cent more under the RBRVS, while pathologists would suffer a 25 per cent reduction.
He has testified before the Physician Payment Review Commission, before the FTC and Department of Justice, and in court on healthcare issues.
Results of physician surveys by the Physician Payment Review Commission (1997) and the MedPAC (Schoenman and Chang, 1999; Schoenman and Feldman, 2003) indicate that physicians have been displeased with low fees, excessively stringent documentation, coding requirements, and administrative red tape in fee-for-service (FFS) Medicare.
Before being appointed to lead the Center, Ginsburg was the Founding Executive Director of the Physician Payment Review Commission (PPRC).
] Physician Payment Review Commission, Annual Report to Congress.