Getting Started Schools can get started by planning a Let's Move in School celebration during National Physical Education and Sport Week, May 1-7, 2011.
What does PES stand for?
PES stands for Physical Education and Sport
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PES
We have 349 other meanings of PES in our Acronym Attic
- Personal Earth Station (Hughes)
- Personal Effectiveness Seminar
- Petrozavodsk, Russia - Petrozavodsk Airport (Airport Code)
- Phi Eta Sigma (freshman honors society)
- Philippine Economic Society
- Philomath Elementary School (Oregon)
- Philosophy of Education Society
- Photo-Electron Spectroscopy
- Photoemission Spectroscopy
- Physical and Environmental Sciences (various organizations)
- Physical Exchange Specification
- Physiotherapy and Exercise Science
- Piedmont Education Services
- Pilot Evaluation System
- Planning and Evaluation Service
- Plasma Emission Spectrometry
- Platt Environmental Services (Oak Brook, IL)
- Polarized Electron Source
- Pôle Européen de Santé (European Health Center)
- Police Emerald Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
She commented, "It will be an enormous challenge to follow the distinguished leadership of President Doll-Tepper, which has helped to position ICSSPE as a significant player in international physical education and sport science.
But it still begged the question: Why do our politicians keep blabbing about the importance of sports, health, exercise, clean living, and sportsmanship, but every time a school budget has to be cut, they will immediately start slashing the physical education and sports components?
A nonprofit membership organization of over 17,000 physical education and sport professionals, NASPE is the only national association dedicated to strengthening basic knowledge about sport and physical education among professionals and the general public.
About NASPE The preeminent national authority on physical education and a recognized leader in sport and physical activity, the National Association for Sport and Physical Education (NASPE) is a non-profit professional membership association that sets the standard for practice in physical education and sport.
this unique program will soon be introduced to 100,000 KinderCare children in time for Physical Fitness and Sport Month (May 1993) -- and to NASPE's professional physical education and sport membership of 25,000.
The book, divided into two sections--(1) Motor Development, and (2) Adapted Physical Activity--attempts to capture main elements of present research and scientific reflections on motor development of persons with mental retardation, and on constructing physical education and sport programs for this population.