Some neoplastic cells also presented evidence of scant cytoplasmic cross-striations visible at histologic sections stained by hematoxylin and eosin and phosphotungstic acid hematoxylin.
What does PTAH stand for?
PTAH stands for Phosphotungstic Acid Hematoxylin (pathology special stain)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PTAH
- Professional Tanning Action Fund (consumer rights organization; Saint Petersburg, FL)
- Public Transportation Assistance Fund (Pennsylvania Department of Transportation)
- PCS Technology Advocacy Group (Sprint/US West/Bell Atlantic)
- People Talking About Gaia
- Physical Therapy Association of Georgia
- Plant Theft Action Group (Home Office advisory group; UK)
- Property Tax Advisory Group, Inc. (Leawood, KS)
- Punxsutawney Theatre Arts Guild (Punxsutawney, PA)
- Preterm Adequate for Gestational Age
- Portable Two-Axis Guidance Stand
- Posttonsillectomy and Postadenoidectomy Hemorrhage
- Part-Time Assistant Instructor
- Percentual Total Activity Index (cardiovascular medicine)
- Perguruan Tinggi Agama Islam (Indonesian: Islamic Higher Education)
- Phillip Townsend Associates, Inc. (Houston, TX)
- Primary Training Aircraft Inventory
- Perguruan Tinggi Agama Islam Swasta (Indonesian: Private Islamic Higher Education)
- Personal Trainers and Kinesitherapists (Belgium)
- Perguruan Tinggi Agama Kristen Negeri (Indonesia)
- Peripheral Transport Abstraction Library
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the 4 OEMCa tested, phosphotungstic acid hematoxylin was diffusely positive in 3 cases (Figure 10, C) and focally positive in 1 case.
Cytoplasmic cross-striations are difficult to identify on routine hematoxylin and eosin sections but can be identified in some cases with a phosphotungstic acid hematoxylin.