According to Aquino, half of the total investment pledges came from Rolls-Royce, Asea Gaz Asia Ltd and commodities trading giant Glencore, owner of the Philippine Associated Smelting and Refining Corporation (PASAR), all of which are based in the UK.
What does PASAR stand for?
PASAR stands for Philippine Associated Smelting and Refining (Manila)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Philippine American Sports Association of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ)
- Penzance Around Scilly and Back (Italy; Penzance Sailing Club race; est. 1978)
- Para-Hydrogen And Synthesis Allow Dramatically Enhanced Nuclear Alignment
- Pennsylvania Society of Association Executives (also seen as PSAE)
- Pilipino Association of Scientists, Architects and Engineers (est. 1988)
- Programa de Asistencia Social Alimentaria a Familias (Spanish: Program for Social Assistance and Food to Families)
- Pennine Acute Safeguarding Advisory Group (UK)
- Pacific Association of Supreme Audit Institutions
- Project for the Advanced Study of Art and Life in Africa (University of Iowa)
- Pennsylvania Association of Student Assistance Professionals
- Pre-Admission Screening and Annual Resident Review
- Parents of Adolescents Separation Anxiety Scale
- Power Approach Stability Augementation System
- Paced Auditory Serial Addition Test (neurology)
- Poppleton Allen Sales Aptitude Test
- Progressiver Auditiver Serieller Additions Test (cognitive test)
- Proceedings of the Astronomical Society of Australia
- Pakistan Armed Services Board
- Pan American Sanitary Bureau
- Pan American School of Bahia (Bahia, Brazil)
Samples in periodicals archive:
During his private-sector career, he served as vice chairman and treasurer of the Philippine Associated Smelting and Refining Corporation (PASAR) and president and chief executive officer of the Philippine National Oil Company's (PNOC) FILOIL Development and Management Corporation.