The latest results from two Phase III clinical trials further establish the benefits of Tasigna (nilotinib) compared to Glivec (imatinib) in the treatment of Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia (Ph+ CML) in newly diagnosed patients and in those with residual disease who switched to Tasigna after long-term treatment with Glivec.
What does Ph+ stand for?
Ph+ stands for Philadelphia Chromosome-Positive
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of Ph+
- Purple Heart
- Purpura Hemorrhagica (horses)
- Pyramid Head (Silent Hill video game/movie)
- Primary Hyperoxaluria Type I (genetic disorder)
- Prentice Hall Microsoft Office Specialist Testing
- Port Handling and Inland Transportation (US DoD)
- Professional Health and Safety Consultants Ltd (UK)
- Packaging, Handling, & Transportation
- Parental History Positive (substance abuse)
- Parental History Negative
- Primary Hyperoxaluria Type 1
- Primary Hyperoxaluria Type I
- Previous History of Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting
- Probability of Hit given Closure
- Probability of Hit/Probability of Kill
- Pasteurella Haemolytica A1
- Photographer's Mate First Class (Naval Rating)
- Primary Hyperoxaluria Type 1
- Phase 1 Recall
Samples in periodicals archive:
](imatinib mesylate) tablets* in the treatment of Philadelphia chromosome-positive chronic myeloid leukemia (Ph+ CML) in newly diagnosed patients and in those with residual disease who switched to Tasigna after long-term treatment with Gleevec.
](dasatinib) in Philadelphia chromosome-positive (Ph+) chronic-phase chronic myeloid leukaemia (CP-CML) adult patients resistant or intolerant to Glivec [sup.
Byline: ANI Washington, Oct 7 (ANI): A new study has revealed that daily doses of a targeted drug called imatinib mesylate along with regular chemotherapy can almost double the survival rate of children with a high risk type of blood cancer called Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph+ ALL).
It was approved in June 2006 for the treatment of adults with chronic-phase, acute-phase, or myeloid or lymphoid blast-phase chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) with resistance or intolerance to prior therapy, including imatinib, and for the treatment of adults with Philadelphia chromosome-positive (Ph+) acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL) with resistance to prior therapy.
The trial will be conducted in patients with treatment resistant chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphocytic leukemia (Ph+ ALL) containing the T315I BCR-ABL mutation.
Results from the IRIS study (International Randomized Interferon versus STI571), the largest clinical trial to date for newly diagnosed adult patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive (Ph+) chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) in chronic phase, show that 90.
The company expects approval in the treatment of adult patients with Philadelphia chromosome-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Ph + ALL).