That version is known as phase-change random access memory, or ovonic memory, in reference to Ovshinsky.
What does PCRAM stand for?
PCRAM stands for Phase-Change Random Access Memory (non-volatile computer memory)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Program for Cultural Resource Assessment
- Programmatic Comparative Risk Analysis
- Programme Canadien des Recherches Antarctiques
- Programme Canadien du Revenu Agricole (Canada)
- Protection Cathodique et Revêtements Associés
- Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1955 (India)
- Provo City Redevelopment Agency
- pyrroline-5-carboxylate reductase
- Professional Calf Rearers Association Australia (Bakery Hill, Victoria, Australia)
- Paul Capital Royalty Acquisition Fund (investing; UK)
- Packet Computing Resource Board (Motorola, Inc.)
- Peer Conduct Review Board (various schools)
- Pennsylvania Compensation Rating Bureau
- Police Complaint Review Board
- Posterior Cramer-Rao Bound
- Program Change Review Board
- Personal Computer Radar Based Simulator
- Premium Color Ring Back Tone
- Pacific Coast Recovery Center (Laguna Beach, CA)
- Pacific Concerns Resource Centre (Nuclear Free and Independent Pacific Movement)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Samsung officials also announced production availability of key advanced memory solutions: a 60nm-class 512-Megabit (Mb) phase-change random access memory (PRAM) and a proprietary 1-Gigabit (Gb) OneDRAM(TM) chip based on fusion memory technology.
June 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Air Products (NYSE: APD) today introduced its new EXTREMA STO and GST precursors in support of continued advancements in Dynamic Random Access Memory (DRAM) and Phase-change Random Access Memory (PRAM) devices.