It accepts National Television Standards Committee (NTSC), Phase Alternating Line (PAL) and Systeme Electronique Couleur Avec Memoire (SECAM) television signals as well as video graphics array (VGA), super graphics array (SVGA) and Macintosh graphics input.
What does PAL stand for?
PAL stands for Phase Alternating Line
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PAL
We have 574 other meanings of PAL in our Acronym Attic
- Permanent Artificial Lighting
- Permissible Alcohol Limit
- Permissive Action Link
- Personal Access Link (online banking)
- Personal Assistant for Leisure Activities (Canada; disabled person recreation access)
- Personal Audio Link (software)
- Personnel Airlock
- Personnel Allowance List
- Perspectives in American Literature (various schools)
- Pharmaceutical Affairs Law (medical manufacturing; various locations)
- Phase Alternation Line (television format)
- Philippine Airlines
- Phone Access Lookup (software to locate dial-up access telephone numbers)
- Phone and Locator (communication device)
- Photonic Air Link (fiber optics connectivity)
- Physics Abstraction Layer
- Picture Always Lousy
- Piece of Application Logic (computer kernel)
- Pilot Activated Lighting
- Pinch a Loaf Productions
Samples in periodicals archive:
ZiLOG's existing eZVision 300 TV OSD controller family complements the capabilities of the Z90376 product by addressing both National Television Systems Committee (NTSC) and Phase Alternating Line (PAL) control requirements of normal interlaced-scan TVs.
It decodes MPEG-2 video from both National Standards Systems Committee (NTSC) and Phase Alternating Line (PAL) sources encoded in either Main Profile at main level (4:2:0) or professional profile at main level (4:2:2).