Both bills allow for therapeutic formularies developed by pharmacy and therapeutic committees and nonpreferred drugs are available on appeal through both bills.
What does PNT stand for?
PNT stands for Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PNT
We have 70 other meanings of PNT in our Acronym Attic
- Pain Neutralization Technique (trigger point therapy)
- Paint (MacPaint graphic file format)
- Partido Nacionalista Timorense (Timorese Nationalist Party, East Timor)
- Pass the Needle Through (beading crafts)
- Pentagon (Washington, DC; US DoD)
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy Tube (medical)
- Performance Network Theatre (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Peripheral Nerve Tumor
- Peruvian Neck Tie (martial arts technique)
- Plate Number Trimmed (philately)
- Play N Trade (video game retailer)
- Pneumatic Trabeculoplasty (non-invasive procedure to lower intraocular pressure)
- Pontiac (Amtrak station code; Pontiac, MI)
- Positioning, Navigation and Timing
- Preferred Non Tobacco (insurance)
- Pressure and Terminator
- Prime Number Theorem
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under this proposal, a Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee of practicing physicians and pharmacists will identify instances of inappropriate use of medications.
Originally published in 2000, the AMCP's Format has gained notoriety for offering managed care health plans, as well as pharmacy and therapeutic committees, a means to evaluate for formulary adoption new pharmaceuticals entering the marketplace based on clinical and economic value.