While Pollack misses many of the nuances about the power, precision, and predictability of biotechnology applied to agriculture and food production, he devotes ample ink to anti-biotech activists, including the Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology and the radical Friends of the Earth.
What does PIFB stand for?
PIFB stands for Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Packaging and Industrial Films Association (UK)
- Phenyliodine Bis (Trifluoroacetate)
- Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts (Pennsylvania)
- Philippine Investment Fund Association
- Pittsburgh Institute of Fine Arts (Pennsylvania)
- Planar Inverted-F (type) Antenna
- Portugal-Indonesia Friendship Association
- Practitioner of the Institute for Archaeologists (corporate designation; UK)
- Premier India Football Academy
- Pay in Full at Time of Service (health care industry)
- Pattern Induced Flicker Colors (aka Fechner colors; optical illusion)
- Penrith International Friendship Committee (Penrith, New South, Wales, Australia)
- Personal Insurance Federation of California (lobbyist; Sacramento, CA)
- Public Internal Financial Control (European Commission publication)
- Public Internal Financial Control Agency (Bulgaria)
- Phoenix International Folk Dancers (Phoenix, AZ)
- Pine Island Fire Department (New York, NY)
- Perth International Folk Dance Group (Australia)
- Printing Industry Financial Executives
- Psychodrama Institute for Europe (Germany)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Goldburg's past service includes the National Academy of Science's Committee on Genetically Modified Pest-Protected Crops, the Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology, and the State Department's US-EU Consultative Forum on Biotechnology.
Researchers are using biotechnology to enhance nutritional and other properties of food for consumer benefit, but such products will face a complicated array of review requirements before they can come on the market, according to "Application of Biotechnology for Functional Foods," a new report released by the Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology, a project of the University of Richmond supported by The Pew Charitable Trusts.
The Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology, a Washington, D.
While attracting some support, there are concerns that the US government has no clear regulatory framework to regulate these advances, charges a new report released by the Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology.
In September, the Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology released an updated poll from its March 2001 survey on consumer awareness of biotechnology.
The Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology was established in March 2001 to provide the public, media and policymakers facts on agricultural biotechnology.
OTA made a lot of enemies with that SDI report," says Michael Rodemeyer, a former minority legislative director of the House Science Committee, now executive director of the Pew Initiative on Food and Biotechnology.