Jan Schaffer, former director of the Pew Center for Civic Journalism and current executive director of J-Lab: The Institute for Interactive Journalism, calls Smith "one of the leading civic journalists in the country.
What does PCCJ stand for?
PCCJ stands for Pew Center for Civic Journalism (College Park, MD)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Philippine Canine Club Incorporated (Quezon City, Philippines)
- Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Pinkerton Computer Consultants, Inc.
- Process Capability, Control and Improvement (US DoD contract)
- Pulliam Construction Company, Inc. (Yucca Valley, CA)
- Palmer College of Chiropractic International Alumni Association (Davenport, IA)
- Power Conditioning & Continuation Interface Equipment
- Polish Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Japan
- President's Commission on Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Provisional Commision of Confederated Independence Parties (Poland)
- Pennsylvania Council of Chief Juvenile Probation Officers (est. 1967)
- Pacific Center for Creative Learning (Santa Monica, CA)
- Patient Clinical Complexity Level
- Perforation Casing Collar Locator Log (oil exploration)
- Polymer Competence Center Leoben (Leoben, Austria)
- Pre-Contract Cost Letter
- Precautionary Conditioned Credit Line
- Primary Care Cancer Lead
- Proceeds of Criminal Conduct Law (Cayman Islands)
- Pacific Coast Council on Latin American Studies (California State University, Dominguez Hills; Carson, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Praise and accolades have also followed with dozens of awards from such prestigious entities as the National Association of Black Journalists, Pew Center for Civic Journalism, Scripps-Howard Media, along with Interactive Design and Black Enterprise magazines.
The Pew Center for Civic Journalism and the Project on Public Life and the Press disappeared ingloriously.
The chief Washington correspondent of the Los Angeles Times, Jack Nelson, has accepted the post of chairman of the advisory committee of the Pew Center for Civic Journalism.
To wit: The Pew Center for Civic Journalism never funded a project at the News & Observer in Raleigh, as you asserted.
This is a wake-up call for the news business to stanch a brain drain and capitalize on a valuable asset," said Jan Schaffer, executive director of the Pew Center for Civic Journalism.
Sands has talked about the Reader Advisory Network at several industry conferences, and the newspaper recently received a grant from the Pew Center for Civic Journalism to expand the project.
Civic Journalism: Six Case Studies: A Joint Report by the Pew Center for Civic Journalism and the Poynter Institute for Media Studies.