Funding for the buses comes from the Petroleum Violation Escrow Account.
What does PVEA stand for?
PVEA stands for Petroleum Violation Escrow Account (California)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PVEA
We have 1 other meaning of PVEA in our Acronym Attic
- Polyvinyl Ether (refrigeration oil)
- Pre-requisite Validation Examination
- Pre-Vocational Education (UK)
- Preventing Violent Extremism (UK)
- Production Vehicle Evaluation (various organizations)
- Productivity Value Engineer
- Programma Van Eisen (Dtuch: Program of Requirements)
- Prosthetic Valve Endocarditis
- Paradise Valley Education Association (Phoenix, AZ)
- Perkiomen Valley Education Association
- Phase Velocity Equalization Curve
- Police Vehicle Enthusiasts' Club (est. 1986; UK)
- Polycom Video Error Concealment
- Powell Valley Electric Cooperative (Virginia)
- Pulmonary Vein Endothelial Cell
- Present Value of Expected Cash Flows
- Pattern Reversal Visually Evoked Cortical Potentials (ophthalmologic term)
- Pattern Visually Evoked Cortical Potential
- Parity-Violating Energy Difference (biophysics)
- Penrith Valley Economic Development Corporation, Ltd. (Penrith, New South Wales, Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
5 million through the California Energy Commission from the Petroleum Violation Escrow Account (fines collected by the federal government from oil companies that over-charged consumers during the oil crises of the 1970s); $300,000 from the State Highway Account in the State Transportation Fund; and $200,000 from the California Competitive Technology Fund.
The Compton project is funded by $100,000 from AQMD, $200,000 from the state's Petroleum Violation Escrow Account and approximately $50,000 from the state's Emerging Renewables Buy Down Program created by AB1890, California's electric utility deregulation measure.