Fox said is on the lines of a "landlord/tenant" relationship), while in Connecticut, dealers are franchisees that are protected under the federal Petroleum Marketing Practices Act and the state's franchise law.
What does PMPA stand for?
PMPA stands for Petroleum Marketing Practices Act (US)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PMPA
We have 20 other meanings of PMPA in our Acronym Attic
- Pseudomyxoma Peritonei (tumor)
- Psychiatric Morbidity among Prisoners (survey)
- Public Management and Policy (various schools)
- Pyron Metal Powders
- (spin-)Projected Moeller-Plesset Second-Order (perturbation theory)
- Peripheral Myelin Protein 22
- Portable MP3 player
- (spin-)Projected Moeller-Plesset Fourth-Order (perturbation theory)
- Peroxisomal Membrane Protein, 70-KD
- Powder Metallurgy Parts Association
- Precision Machined Products Association (Brecksville, OH)
- Private Medical Practitioners Association (various locations)
- Professional Mortgage Packagers Alliance
- Public Management and Policy Association (London, UK)
- Portable Multipurpose Application Console
- Pedestrian Master Plan Advisory Group (Seattle, WA)
- Product Manager, Petroleum and Water Systems (US Army)
- Polymorphic Membrane Protein B (genetics)
- Premature Male Pattern Baldness (genetic traits)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Shell Oil Products US will honor dealers' agreements and rights under the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act and any other applicable state or federal laws.
The suit, filed by a group of 20 Shell- and Texaco-branded retailers in the Los Angeles area, claimed that the new franchise agreements and rent program were intended to drive them out of business and violated their rights under the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act (PMPA).