The hydrocarbon analyzer had to have some special characteristics: Portable, fast while accurate, detect petroleum hydrocarbons in both water and vapor, easy to use, intrinsically safe, easy to calibrate, log data from 100 samples, quick zero, and serial output to laptop.
What does PHC stand for?
PHC stands for Petroleum Hydrocarbons
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PHC
We have 201 other meanings of PHC in our Acronym Attic
- Parrahippocampal Cortex (brain)
- Partenariat Hubert Curien (French: Hubert Curien Partnership)
- Parti de l'Héritage Chrétien (French: Christian Heritage Party)
- Patrick Henry College
- Paul Hall Center for Maritime Training and Education
- Pears Health Cyber (marketing; various locations)
- People's Homesite Corporation (Philippines)
- Permanent Human Capability
- Personal Holding Company
- Pet Health Council (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The city first intends to clean up portions of the property contaminated with petroleum hydrocarbons and lead that leached into the ground from the salvage operation.
1) Determine residue levels of petroleum hydrocarbons in various matrixes in the coral reefs sediments of Red Sea of Yemen, and attempt to identify the most important sources/s of contamination to the region.
The objectives of this event are to familiarize laboratory staff, consulting engineers and others with the method for petroleum hydrocarbons (PHC) in soil recommended by the Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment (CCME), and to provide a forum to discuss the use of this method and related concerns.
So, although the values obtained showed that petroleum hydrocarbons were qualitatively present, Tilotta believes the quantitative readings were inaccurate.
According to a district report, four areas on the 23-acre site need to be cleaned because of contamination from various chemicals, including total petroleum hydrocarbons, volatile organic compounds, lead paint and methane.
Also an effective treatment for odor and corrosion control, ViBac LPB significantly reduces FOG, biochemical oxygen demand, chemical oxygen demand, and petroleum hydrocarbons in a variety of applications:
Many animals did exhibit high concentrations of petroleum hydrocarbons in their blood.