In fact it is said to be increasing because of the increasing number of conversions (Muallaf) among the Indian community based on an interview with officers of The Islamic Welfare Organisation or Pertubuhan Kebajikan Islam Malaysia (PERKIM).
What does PERKIM stand for?
PERKIM stands for Pertubuhan Kebajikan Islam Malaysia (Malay: Malaysian Islamic Welfare Organization)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Public Employees Retirement Information System
- Perchloroethylene (CAS Number 127-18-4)
- Physical Evidence Recovery Kit
- PKR-like endoplasmic Reticulum Kinase
- Prospective Evaluation of Radial Keratotomy
- Psychological and Educational Research in Kansas (Convention)
- Publishing Ethics Resource Kit
- Perhimpunan Kedokteran Anti Penuaan Indonesia (Indonesian: Indonesian Society of Anti-Aging Medicine)
- Pertubuhan Keselamatan Sosial Malaysia (Social Security Organisation aka SOCSO; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Partners in Education and Research for Kindergarten Success (Florida)
- Program Effectiveness Review for Kentucky Schools
- Pacific Estuarine Research Laboratory
- Passivated Emitter, Rear-Locally Diffused
- Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister :-)
- Perfect EMacs (Education Macintosh) Rewriting Language
- Practical Extraction and Report Language
- Practically Everything Really Likeable
- Pre-positioned Equipment Requirement List
- Principal Exchange Rate Linked (securities)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Both of the tables showed above do not represent the whole total of Chinese converts because the totals have not included numbers taken from several other organizations who also manage conversion in the country such as The Islamic Welfare Organisation of Malaysia or Pertubuhan Kebajikan Islam Malaysia (PERKIM) (Pegawai Dakwah Pertubuhan Kebajikan Islam Malaysia, 2011), Darul Fitrah and so on.
An interview with a dakwah official of the Islamic Welfare Organisation of Malaysia or Pertubuhan Kebajikan Islam Malaysia (PERKIM) also finds that the number of conversions to Islam among the Chinese people is increasing each year (Pegawai Dakwah Pertubuhan Kebajikan Islam Malaysia, 2011).