social skills and psychological characteristics, low and inadequate skills, lack of employment programs supporting persons with disabilities in some regions, remain in long-term unemployment, the social view of disability (lack of motivation employers to work people), the labor market situation (lack of jobs for people), low participation of persons with disabilities within the active employment policy (the vast majority of persons with disabilities in the registry LO participating active employment policy measures).
What does PWDS stand for?
PWDS stands for Persons With Disabilities
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PWDS
We have 3 other meanings of PWDS in our Acronym Attic
- Public Welfare Donations Law (China)
- Passive Wavelength-Division Multiplexing
- Practical Wireless Deployment Methodology
- Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio (film)
- Partial Wave Dispersing Relation
- Preliminary Weapon Development Report
- Plymouth and West Devon Record Office (UK)
- Parison Wall Distribution System
- People Who Don't Suck
- Pig Welfare Disposal Scheme (UK)
- Post Weaning Diarrhoea Syndrome (pig disease)
- Premises Wiring Distribution System
- Protected Wireline Distribution System
- Pharmacist's Workup of Drug Therapy
- Pulsed Wave Doppler Tissue
- People with Disabilities Uganda (Kampala, Uganda)
- Prey Weekly Development Update (gaming)
- Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act (India)
- Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act (2005)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Evidence indicates that persons with disabilities are among the most marginalized in society.
QUETTA -- Anjuman Maazooran Balochistan (AMB) has decided to observe black day on the International Day of Persons with disabilities that falls on December 3 (tomorrow).
New Delhi, July 1(ANI): The committee appointed by the Union Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry to draft a new legislation replacing the existing Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995, has presented the final draft of the new law.
AMMAN (Star)Au President of the Higher Council for the Affairs of Persons with Disabilities (HCAPD),HRH Prince Raad Bin Zeid, toured the construction site of the Central Business District of Amman, Abdali, to look over the construction of the environmental access facilities for persons with disabilities implemented at Abdali as per the Jordanian National Building Codes.
March 17 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital's Vice President of Physician Services and Organizational Planning, John Brady, DHA, has been named to the Employment and Economic Opportunity for Persons with Disabilities Task Force.
He said the Persons with Disabilities (PWD) Act, 1995 would be "comprehensively" amended to conform to the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD), enforced in May 2008.
Byline: Ban Ki-moon Summary: This year's International Day of Persons with Disabilities falls just a week before the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.