Section 332(c)(7) of the 1996 Telecommunications Act restricts state and local governments' regulation of the placement and construction of personal wireless service facilities, including antenna towers.
What does PWSF stand for?
PWSF stands for Personal Wireless Service Facilities
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PWSF
We have 2 other meanings of PWSF in our Acronym Attic
- Pacific White-Sided Dolphin (mammal)
- Park West School Division (public school system; Birtle, Manitoba, Canada)
- Parker Water & Sanitation District (est. 1962; Parker, CO)
- Parliamentary Works Services Directorate (UK)
- Presbyterian World Service and Development (Canada)
- Public Water Supply District (utilities)
- Public Works and Services Department
- Professional Wrestling Simulator Enthusiast
- Program for Women in Science and Engineering (Iowa State University)
- Prince William Sound Economic Development District (Anchorage, AK)
- Porphyra Water-Soluble Fraction (agricultural chemistry)
- Portable Work Station Fan
- Petite Wall Square Geneva (clock)
- Pathways to Women's Sexual Health (website)
- Plano West Senior High (Plano, TX)
- Pomorska Wyzsza Szkola Humanistyczna (Polish: Pomeranian University of Humanism; Gdynia, Poland)
- Plano West Senior High School (Plano, Texas)
- Practitioner with Special Interests (National Health Service; UK)
- Prince William Soccer, Inc. (Woodbridge, VA)
- Personal Website Starter Kit
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the public nation, the FCC recognized that section 332[C](7) of the Telecommunications Act reserves to the courts the authority to review state and local decisions regarding the placement, construction, and modification of personal wireless service facilities in matters other than those involving radio frequency emissions.
The Committee noted "Congress expressed its clear intent to protect state and local authority over the siting of personal wireless service facilities from interference from the Commission.