In the last few years, the Service Employees International Union Local 503, which has about 50,000 members, has signed on 4,000 in-home family child-care workers, 7,500 personal support workers who provide services to people with developmental disabilities, and hundreds of workers at St.
What does PSW stand for?
PSW stands for Personal Support Worker (Canada)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PSW
We have 87 other meanings of PSW in our Acronym Attic
- Pacific Southwest (various organizations)
- Parallel-coupled Single-defect Waveguide
- Part Supply Warranty
- Parts Submission Warrant
- Peachtree Symphonic Winds (Atlanta, GA)
- Peninsula Symphonic Winds (Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA)
- People Skills Workshop
- Percentage of Share of Wealth
- Performance Statement of Work (production management)
- Persistent State World (MMORPGs)
- Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin
- Philadelphia Suburban Water (Philadelphia, PA)
- Pipe Socket Weld (construction)
- Plan Sponsor Workstation (investments)
- Position Switching (astronomical interferometry)
- Positive Sharp Wave
- Post Study Work (immigration status)
- Processor Status Word
- Program Status Word
- Proposal Scoring Worksheet
Samples in periodicals archive:
Wirta has advertised in Toronto, where there is an abundance of personal support workers seeking employment, but initial expressions of interest soon fizzle when job seekers realize they have to move north for the position.
Administrators with the two facilities contacted Cambrian College to see if there workers could be certified quickly without leaving Island and Cambrian condensed its eight-month Personal Support Worker program to just three months with lectures that were recorded and sent via the web to Gore Bay and Little Current.
The study found that 43 percent of personal support workers endure physical violence at work on a daily basis, while another quarter face such violence every week.
Participants noted that the "biggest problem that we are facing is [a shortage of] nursing and personal support worker [staff]".
The Coal Industry Social Welfare Organisation (CISWO) has appointed a new community development and personal support worker, based in the north of the county.
For example, if Kenjgewin Teg contemplates running a paramedic course or personal support worker training, the groundwork is laid first.
Its course offerings include specialized health-related diploma courses, such as personal support worker, physiotherapy and occupational therapy assistant, echocardiography technologist, chiropractic office assistant and health office administration.