In light of the dangers, the Coast Guard Auxiliary offers the following tips to stay safe while boating during this summer season: * Always wear a personal flotation device.
What does PFD stand for?
PFD stands for Personal Flotation Device
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of PFD
We have 123 other meanings of PFD in our Acronym Attic
- Partial Fractions Decomposition (calculus)
- Partido Fuerza Democrática (Democratic Force Party, Costa Rica)
- Partners for Development (Silver Spring, MD)
- Partnerships for Finance and Development
- Passive Frequency Doubler
- Patron Fare Display
- Pelvic Floor Disorder
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Penticton Fire Department
- Permanent Fund Dividend
- Personal, Fatigue and Delay
- Pfund (German: Pounds)
- Phase Frequency Detector (electronics)
- Phase Frequency Discriminator
- Philadelphia Fire Department
- Phoenix Fire Department (Phoenix, AZ)
- Physical Facilities Department
- Physical Fitness Diagnostic (US Air Force ROTC)
- Pittsburgh Fire Department
- Plandome Fire Department (Plandome, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Use swimming shoes, correct swim attire, sunscreen, personal flotation device & ear cleaner.
The flush deck features an oversize storage hatch at the bow for an anchor or personal flotation devices.
The unit can be easily clipped onto a variety of inflatable personal flotation devices, Swift water vests, ice rescue or survival suits, life rafts and can be used for submarine rescue applications as it features a light that can be seen for more than 2.
Coast Guard-approved personal flotation device while on the river.
He is further charged with being the owner of a vessel which did not carry suitable personal flotation devices for every person on board.
We're wearing wet suits, paddle jackets, personal flotation devices and bright yellow helmets, but there's nothing to prevent us from getting drenched when we plunge over a drop or ride a wave train.
What are your rules about personal flotation devices and footwear?