Sixty-nine per cent of respondents said they were ready to play a more active role in managing their own health, particularly by adding their monitoring data to their own personal electronic health records.
What does PEHR stand for?
PEHR stands for Personal Electronic Health Records (Salt Lake City, UT)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PEHR
- Project for the Exposure of Hidden Institutions (Europe)
- Physical Education, Health and Music
- Probation Electronic Home Monitoring (criminal justice)
- Principal Environmental Health Officer (UK)
- Physical Education and Health Promotion (various locations)
- Planet Earth Home Page
- Post Employment Health Plan
- Public Employee Health Plan
- Periodic Examination and Health Promotion Center
- Peer Education in Human Relations
- Physicians' Electronic Health Record Coalition
- Portland Environmental Hazards Research Center (Portland, OR)
- Pilot Evaluation of High Resolution Precipitation Products (weather prediction)
- Pine Eagle High School (Halfway, OR)
- Program for the Ecology of Human Systems (Boston University School of Public Health; Boston, MA)
- Public and Environmental Health Services (Department of Health and Ageing; Australia)
- Pennsylvania Emergency Health Services Council (est. 1974)
- Pennsylvania Ethnic Heritage Studies Center
- Pony Express Horse Show Circuit (various locations)
- Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Units
Samples in periodicals archive:
Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius announced rules that will not go into effect until October 2012 but will make it easier for patients to see, use and add information to their personal electronic health records.
military veterans access the personal electronic health records stored in their MyHealtheVet account on a mobile device.
As large corporations, such as Google and Microsoft, move into the business and of creating platforms for personal electronic health records, the shift in the health information landscape will profoundly affect biomedical research and raise new privacy issues, two physicians wrote in the New England Journal of Medicine.
DALLAS -- Jericho Systems Corporation, a leader in distributed enterprise identity and access management solutions for evolving Health Information Technology (HIT) and SOA environments, partnered with the VA to demonstrate how tagged data can be used to enforce patient privacy while enabling secure access to personal electronic health records (EHRs).
It is part of a national initiative to improve health quality through the innovative use of secure information technology and achieve the President's goal for the majority of American's to have secure personal electronic health records by 2014.
To achieve the president's goal for most Americans to have secure personal electronic health records by 2014, $169 million was requested for 2007 ($59 million more than in 2006) for health information technology.
With Clinic@Home, consumers have access to reliable health information and advice prescreened by their physicians, and to their own personal electronic health records and wellness plans.