Farris said because the finding was made under a permit for work on the stickleback, law didn't require he immediately report the findings.
What does PFW stand for?
PFW stands for Permit For Work
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PFW
We have 32 other meanings of PFW in our Acronym Attic
- Punishment First Verdict Later (UK study)
- Philadelphia Film and Video Makers
- Piano Faunistico Venatorio Provinciale (Italian: Provincial Animal Hunting Plan)
- Proper Functioning Verification Procedure
- Power Flatness Versus Wavelength (Agilent)
- Paris Fashion Week (Paris, France)
- Partition Firmware
- Partnership for the West (energy consortium)
- People from Work
- Performance Feedback Worksheet
- Personal Firewall
- Phone Fire Wall (person or department protecting the developers and others from being contacted directly by end users)
- Platinum for Windows (software)
- Portland Fashion Week (Portland, OR)
- Potential Future Wife
- Prison for Women (various locations)
- Pro Football Weekly (sports magazine)
- Produced Formation Water (offshore oil and gas processing)
- Project Feeder Watch (Cornell University, Ithica, NY)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Corps' decision culminates nearly two and a half years of evaluation and concludes that a federal environmental impact statement need not be prepared for the permit, and that issuance of a permit for work in and over the Hudson River is not contrary to the public interest.
But just like the city requires homeowners to obtain a building permit before adding a room, Setran said, the federal government requires a permit for work in a wetlands.